Friday, June 11, 2010

Totem, Love'm

Friday, June 11, 2010
I

saw this idea a few years ago about garden totems (this post is for you Kathy--she wanted to show some people my totem and I hadn't posted it yet). Most of them were clear or colored glass pieces, but I wanted something with more colors so I did my own. Let me know what you think. I had so much fun trying to find all the various items to use, some of them I had from Goodwill and thrift stores; some I got at garage sales and others I all ready had. I used epoxy glue and caulked the holes so the rain won't collect inside them. I really like her she adds personality to my garden totem. Most of my flowers are reds, pinks and yellows so the blue really jazzes it up.

If you use clear or colored glass the effect is totally different. The light will shine through similar to a prism, but I wanted the solid look. I was delighted to find I could use my lola planter in my totem, isn't she cute? I wanted to use teapots in the design since she sits in my tea garden. She's my tea goddess. Have a good one:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Junking. Design by Pocket