Friday, June 18, 2010

Our Shaded Paradise

Friday, June 18, 2010
H

ow do you make a sunny porch a haven? Put up some trellises and vining plants is one way. When I first moved in to my house, the neighbors had two pine trees that added shade to my home, one in the corner near my living room and another in the back corner near my porch. This all changed when they suddenly without warning, had them taken down. I was saddened. But I eventually found a solution for my porch area.

I found these trellises at a garage sale, they were originally a craft bazaar display. I took off the shelf and asked a friend, Pat's husband Dave (photo on the left), hang them for me; he added some feet to stabilize the lower part. Don't they look great?!! He did a  wonderful job (excuse the mess, I was just potting up some things here). I have another one hung on the adjoining space to this one. My morning glories vine up during the summer months and shade my porch in the mornings. I will try to post a photo when the morning glories are blooming, they are beautiful:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Junking. Design by Pocket