Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Great Porch Swing

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

W
ant to know how to build a great porch swing? I have the secret to this pondering: find a great bench. I found this wonderfully large bench at a garage sale, I bought it for a different reason, when that didn't work out I ask myself "why couldn't this be made into a nice, large swing?" So I asked my "handyman" Chris, whom you see with my son here on our new porch swing.

Chris took the legs off, reinforced it a bit and added the hardware and chains. This photo shows it just after he set it up, you can see the extra chain still dangling on the sides.



 Brody loves to sit here and watch the garden, he can sit here for hours. Five dollar Pottery Barn pillow covers really seems to set this off. We love our new swing, thank you Chris!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Junking. Design by Pocket