Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Making Old Things New Again

Tuesday, October 26, 2010
T
his was my son's old dresser. We inherited it from my cousin, Sharon. It belonged to her mother-in-law and was very old and very black. We painted it red for his dalmatian themed room, then I repainted it another shade of red for his nautical bedroom. Sharon thought it was time to move it to my master suite for another session of use.

So off I went to the local paint store. I found a lovely shade of green to match my decor which was $32/gallon--decorator shades can only be made with decorator paints. Lesson learned, take the designer paint chips to Walmart for paint mixing.



Here it is after I primed it. It already looks pretty different.

I forgot to mention that while visinew hardware for my "new" dresser. Since I just closed up my latest garage sale, I decided to splurge on some really awesome drawer pulls. Can't wait to show you.

Well since I can't wait here it is in all its glory! The paint color shows up white but it really is an artichoke color of green. I like the art deco look of these knobs, they are polished bronze colored.

The mirror on top was something I picked up a few months ago for another project. I put it on top and decided it was a match, so there it is.

The pièces de résistance was my wicker chair which used to be black. I painted it a hammered brown color and it looks magnificent with my "new dresser". 

So what's the verdict? I really like it, it actually matches the new hardware on the chest, I love my new look. I was getting a bit tired of my wall paper but now it feels revived too. It's amazing how a few dollars can make such a big difference in how a room feels and looks.

Next my back entryway--two years in the making!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Junking. Design by Pocket